Note: If you see "Unavailable" when trying to connect your social channel, this article will likely be more suitable to get things corrected for you. Otherwise, feel free to continue on in this article.
Connecting your channels is the first step to getting up and running with Buffer. The table below outlines which channels are supported within each of your dashboards:
|Instagram business accounts||✓||✓||✓|
|Pinterest business accounts*||✓|
📝 Notes about personal profiles
- Facebook: In July of 2018, Facebook removed the ability for third-party apps like Buffer to publish on behalf of personal profiles. It is not possible to connect your Facebook personal profile to Buffer.
- Instagram: In August of 2020, Instagram removed the ability for third-party apps like Buffer to publish on behalf of personal profiles. It is not possible to connect your Instagram personal profile to Buffer.
- Pinterest: If you connected your Pinterest account prior to June 22nd, 2021, it's possible you still have a Pinterest personal account connected. Once that channel is removed, it can't be connected again unless it is converted to a Pinterest business account. Pinterest personal profiles don't have access to video pins.
Connecting your channels
Log into the channel you'd like to connect. For example, if you're connecting your Twitter profile, start by logging into that profile at https://twitter.com.
Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your dashboard and then click Account from the drop-down menu.
Click the Channels option from the menu on the left hand side of your screen.
Click on the type of channel you'd like to connect. (If you already have channels connected, click Connect New Channel and then click the channel you'd like to connect.)
The remaining steps are different for each channel. For Twitter profiles and Pinterest business accounts, you should just need to authorize Buffer to access your account and you should be all set. For other channels, please refer to the guides linked below.
📖 Once you've connected a channel, we'd recommend hopping over to your posting schedule and setting up the times you'd like to post content. Learn more about the posting schedule here.
⚠️ Important things to note
- If you're looking to connect a second or an additional Twitter profile and are running into issues, this might be because Buffer is automatically connecting to the profile that you're logged into in your browser. Please try opening Buffer in an incognito window and then following the above connection steps. Alternatively, you can log out of Twitter natively and then use the login credentials for your desired account when going through the above connection steps.
- Manage Channels For users on a team (including Admins): If you are able to view all of your connected channels in , but cannot see certain channels when you're on your Dashboard, it is likely because you do not have the appropriate permissions to access that channel. This can be fixed by the owner of your organization's account by following the steps in this guide.