We want to do the very best we can to keep your information as safe as possible, so we’ve upgraded our security measures to include email verification.
We’re starting the effort slowly so that everyone can ease in to the process. This article will help lead you through what to expect when working through your email verification in Buffer. We are working to provide this service to everyone in the upcoming months.
First, let’s chat through a few common questions. This table will evolve as we continue to improve the email verification process.
|Common questions||Our most up-to-date answers|
|Email verification is available to…||...all customers|
|Non-verified accounts currently have these constrictions/restrictions for new customers as of March 7th, 2022||
Things I can look forward to as Buffer continues to evolve email verification…
|Verifying my account will…||…provide me with more account security.|
How to verify your email to add additional security to your Buffer account
For new customers as of March 7th 2022, when you create your Buffer account, you’ll receive an email asking you to verify your email address.
For old customers prior to this date, from your Buffer dashboard, click on your profile avatar and select Account. Within the Email Address section, click on Verify Email.
These are the next steps:
- Head to the email inbox associated with the email address connected to your Buffer account,
- Locate the email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Confirm your email address”,
- Open the email and click the button that says Confirm email to verify your email address.
What should I do if I didn’t receive the verification email?
Didn't receive the email from email@example.com that you expected? There are several reasons that could be the case. Let's walk through a few steps together in efforts to complete your verification.
- First, double-check that you're searching for our email in the inbox associated with the email address you have on file with Buffer.
If you’re already in the correct email inbox, open a new web browser tab (not the mobile app) and login to your Buffer account to see if there’s a banner at the top of your dashboard. If there isn’t a banner, you’re all set and can discontinue your efforts to verify your email address, as we’re not ready with email verification on your account just yet.
If there is a banner there, head to the next step.
- If you’re still not seeing the email in your inbox, look in your Spam or Junk folders to see if it was rerouted there. As a reminder, the sender will be firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject line is "Confirm your email address." If you find the email, mark it as "Not Spam" or move it to your proper inbox and follow the instructions on the email to complete your verification.
Still didn’t find it? Head to the next step.
- Head back to your Buffer web dashboard and click the button in the banner up top that says, Resend verification. This triggers our system to send the same verification letter to your email address.
- If you’re still unable to verify your email address, we’d love to help! Submit a support ticket through our support form using the topic “Email verification help” and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.