⭐️ If you're already on the Free plan, Essentials plan, or Essentials plan with Team Pack add-on, you are all set and can skip this read-through. We hope you're enjoying your plan!
Did you notice the new Buffer plans at buffer.com/pricing? This article will walk you through what to expect in the upcoming months and what this means for you. We strive to be as transparent as possible, so here is the whole scoop!
At Buffer, we are continuously innovating. Based on feedback from many of you, we are streamlining our product offering and our prices to deliver more value for small businesses at a fraction of the cost of traditional social media platforms.
After months of research and experiments, we are delighted to kick off a phased approach to make our new Buffer plans available to our free and paying customers.
While the new Buffer plans are already available to all new Buffer signups and our free users, we are still working through several options for our current paying customers to explore and adopt the new plans. We hope to bring you all the details on how to move over to a new Buffer plan this year.
In the meantime...
- If you signed up after August 2nd or if you're on a Free plan, the new Buffer plans should be available to you now.
- If you are paying for Buffer today and signed up before August 2nd, 2021:
- Rest assured that your price isn’t changing immediately. We are working on several options to allow you to explore and adopt the new Buffer plans.
- If you like what you see in the new Buffer plans and are eager to jump into your publishing, engagement, and analytics all within one plan, you have an option as of today to move to the new pricing. Please get in touch with our support team here.
- If you have a high number of channels, we are currently working through adding a new plan that meets your needs.
- If you have team members, we are currently working on an offer for you, but at this moment, we do not have a way to migrate you to our new plans. We anticipate that option to be available within the next few months.
A few of your questions answered
Why did you change your plans?
We’ve worked over the past several years to bring more and more value to Buffer by introducing new products, which each came with their own set of plans and pricing. We listened to customers like you and learned over time that the complexity around our plan set-up prevented you from getting the value out of Buffer that we had intended.
These new Buffer plans are much simpler, but even more, they introduce an intuitive, accessible, and affordable set of tools to help you build your social media following.
What is included in each plan?
While the full details can be found on our pricing page, note that with any paid plan, you have access to a full suite of publishing, engagement, and analytics tools. That means that you can complete a full cycle on social media all through Buffer: publish a post ➡ engage with the comments generated from that post ➡ analyze the success and pivot as necessary to start the cycle over again.
What will a plan for my team cost?
You can find our pricing page, but please note that if you have a high number of social channels or users, we are working on options for you. We plan to have these available within the next few months.
When will I have access to these new plans?
If you aren’t yet on one of our new plans and would like to be, feel free to get in touch with our support team here.
What if I have a lot of social channels and don’t know if the new plans will fit into my budget?
We are working on a solution for you! We plan to have something available within the next few months.
If I pay for the year, do you offer a discount?
Yes! Feel free to toggle between monthly and annual pricing here on our pricing page.