This guide outlines how to cancel a subscription for an individual product (Buffer Publish or Buffer Analyze), as well as how to completely delete your Buffer account.
Please note, only the account owner is able to access billing pages or delete accounts.
This article contains the following sections:
- Cancelling your Buffer Publish Subscription
- Cancelling your Buffer Analyze Subscription
- Permanently deleting your Buffer account
Cancelling your Buffer Publish Subscription
Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your dashboard and then click Preferences from the drop down menu.
Select the Billing tab.
Click Cancel Plan.
Ensure the Free plan is selected and click Confirm and Switch. Learn more about what happens when your Publish account is downgraded to the Free plan here.
Cancelling your Buffer Analyze Subscription
- Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your Analyze dashboard and then click Account from the drop down menu.
- Under Settings, choose Analyze.
Under Billing Method, click Cancel Subscription.
Permanently deleting your Buffer account
Please keep in mind that this is permanent and will delete all accounts associated to this email address. If you're subscribed to Publish, Analyze, or both, all of those subscriptions will be cancelled and your accounts will be deleted.
Any posts you have published to your social media accounts through Publish will remain in place.
Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your dashboard and then click Account from the drop down menu. You can access this menu from either the Publish or Analyze dashboard.
Click Delete My Buffer Account towards the bottom of the page.
- Enter your password and click Confirm.
- Choose the reason you're deleting your account, tick the "Yes, I'd like to delete my account" checkbox, and click Delete my account.