In certain places within Buffer Publish, including the Buffer Browser Extension and the Share Again feature, we will pre-fill the composer with the title and link. However, you might notice that we're not pulling in this information for Facebook accounts. Facebook rules stipulate that third party apps, such as Buffer, cannot auto-fill the text update for a post on behalf of users, which means users need to directly input what they'd like to share. We're sorry about this limitation. We're keeping a close eye on Facebook's guidelines to see if this changes in the future.
Articles in this section
- Scheduling posts
- Creating and managing campaigns
- Types of media attachments you can include in posts
- Uploading and sharing links to videos
- Adding mentions (tags) in posts
- Setting up Facebook Domain Verification
- Why is it necessary to manually enter a message for Facebook in certain places?
- What will my Facebook posts look like once published?
- What will my tweets look like once published?
- Who will Facebook Group posts be attributed to?