In certain places within Buffer, including the Buffer browser extension and the Share Again feature, we will pre-fill the composer with the title and link. However, you might notice that we're not pulling in this information for Facebook accounts. Facebook rules stipulate that third party apps, such as Buffer, cannot auto-fill the text update for a post on behalf of users, which means users need to directly input what they'd like to share. We're sorry about this limitation. We're keeping a close eye on Facebook's guidelines to see if this changes in the future.
Articles in this section
- Scheduling posts
- Getting started with Buffer's publishing tool
- Types of media attachments you can include in posts
- Ideal image sizes and formats for your posts
- Uploading and sharing links to videos
- How do I schedule posts for multiple social channels at the same time?
- Creating and managing campaigns
- Why link previews aren’t generated for Facebook and Instagram posts
- Best practices for scheduling content
- Adding mentions (tags) in posts