How to cancel your subscription or delete your account
This guide outlines how to cancel your plan subscription, as well as how to delete your Buffer account.
📝 Only the account owner can access billing pages or delete accounts.
In this article:
Cancelling your subscription
- Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your dashboard and then click Account.
Select the Billing tab.
- Click Cancel Plan. Your plan will be active and open for use until the end of your billing period.
📝 Once you cancel your subscription, you will still have access to our Free plan. Learn more about what happens when you downgrade to the Free plan here.
Permanently deleting your Buffer account
⚠️ Please keep in mind that this is permanent and will delete all accounts associated to this email address. If you're subscribed to a paid plan, your subscription will be cancelled and your accounts will be deleted. Any posts you have published to your social media accounts through our publishing dashboard will remain in place.
- Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your dashboard and then click Account from the drop down menu.
- Click Delete My Buffer Account towards the bottom of the page.
- Enter your password and click Confirm.
- Choose the reason you're deleting your account, tick the "Yes, I'd like to delete my account" checkbox, and click Delete my account.