This guide includes:
- Connect your first channel to Buffer
- Set up your timezone and posting schedule
- Compose, schedule, and publish a post
⭐ Publishing is available on all of our plans. You can connect up to 3 social channels on our Free plan. Need to connect more? Click here to start a free 14 day trial of one of our paid plans!
Connect your first channel to Buffer
- Once you're logged into Buffer, click the "Publishing" tab.
- In the lower left corner, click the Add Channels button.
- Click Start Connecting when the pop up box appears.
- Authorize permission to Buffer to access your social channels (for specific details on each network’s permissions, see Connecting Channels)
- Click the Add to Buffer button.
- You’ll see a dialog box in the top right corner that your connection has been made successfully!
Set up your timezone and posting schedule
- From your "Publishing" tab, select Queues, and then click into one of your connected channels.
- Click on the settings wheel, then click on the Posting Schedule tab, and finally add your location to set your timezone. Note: you’ll need to do this for each connected channel.
- When your timezone is set, scroll down to the Posting Schedule. Here, you can add a new posting time (for every day, or for weekend, weekdays, or individual day), or click the “X” to remove a posting time.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each social channel you have connected to Buffer.
All set! Now your composed posts will automatically be scheduled and published according to your posting schedule. 📆 You’re ready to compose your first post through Buffer!
Compose, schedule, and publish a post
- From your "Publishing" tab, select Calendar or Queues, and then click the blue Create Post button to open the composer.
- Select the channels you want to publish to.
- Write your text, upload an image or video, and then select Customize for each network. Now you can edit the messaging as needed for different social channels.
- Next, you can schedule your post to publish by clicking Add to Queue, Share Now, or Share Next.
Huzzah! Your post will be published through Buffer at the selected time!
Ready to take publishing to the next level? Check out our full guide to scheduling posts.