⚠️ Did you use TikTok Reminders in Buffer previously? If so, please note that the whole flow has changed for the better! TikTok no longer requires reminders from Buffer customers. Your TikTok posts will now be sent directly to TikTok at the time and date you scheduled them for just like they do for Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Facebook, and some Instagram posts.
With TikTok direct scheduling, you can easily upload your media and text to Buffer, schedule when you'd like to share your post, and Buffer will publish your post to TikTok at the time and date you scheduled it for. [Cue the cheers! 🎉]
If you're curious to know more, we've answered some frequently asked questions below. For a more in-depth understanding of how this feature works, feel free to read through the rest of this guide.
📝 This article is designed to help users with the Buffer mobile app. All instructions and screenshots are taken from the iOS app, and the steps on Android are the same. You can find the desktop version of this article here.
💡Your Questions Answered
- Can Buffer publish my videos to TikTok automatically? Yes! We accept these files: MOV, MP4, and WEBM.
- Do I need to connect my TikTok account to Buffer in order to use this feature? Yes, you will need to connect your TikTok business account to Buffer to upload videos and receive reminders to publish them. This article shares how to go about converting your TikTok account to a business account.
- My video isn't working, why? We share all of the finer details around video specifications below.
- Can I assign a campaign to my TikTok post? Since TikTok is not yet available within the analytics dashboard, selecting a campaign to assign your post to won't add that post's results into your overall campaign metrics.
This article contains the following sections:
- Connecting your TikTok account to Buffer
- Uploading and posting to TikTok
- TikTok video specifications (and other good-to-knows)
Connecting your TikTok account to Buffer
We're able to publish posts on your behalf as long as you have a TikTok business account.
- Learn more about converting your TikTok account to a business account.
- Learn more about how to connect your TikTok business account to Buffer.
Uploading and posting to TikTok
- Open your Buffer mobile app and tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left of your screen.
- Tap on the TikTok account you'd like to schedule a post to.
- Tap the blue Create or + buttons to open the composer.
- Upload your video by tapping Add attachment, and add a description if you'd like. While a description is optional, it is required that you upload one video in order to publish to TikTok. We share more video specifications below.
- Once your video is uploaded, tap Next and select whichever scheduling option you'd like, the most popular options being Add to Queue to slot the post into the next available posting slot in your queue and Schedule Post to select a specific date and time for your post to publish. If you've selected other social networks to publish this post to, you can now tap Customize to alter each separate post.
- Once you finish this process, you're all set! At the date and time you scheduled your post for, your post will automatically publish to your TikTok account.
📝 TikTok video specifications (and other good-to-knows)
- Tiktok posts cannot be created without a video attached. Only one video can be attached to each post.
- Your video file must be 1GB or less, and between three seconds and 60 seconds long.
- The video file formats accepted are MOV, MP4, or WEBM.
- Video frame rates need to be between 23 FPS and 60 FPS.
- Video must have a minimum height and width each of 360px.
- Your description text has a maximum length of 150 characters.
- Hashtags and @mentions that you include will be properly hyperlinked.
- Only TikTok business accounts can post through Buffer.
- TikTok is not yet available via your analytics or engagement dashboards.
- Since TikTok is not yet available within the analytics dashboard, selecting a campaign to assign your post to won't add that post's results into your overall campaign metrics.
- Neither the Canva and Giphy integrations are available for use with TikTok.
- The TikTok name that shows up in Buffer will be your display name and not the username that shows up in your URL.