Below, you'll find information for troubleshooting a common error that appears for Instagram posts. We've included more context around why the error happens to help prevent it from happening again. We've also included steps to fix the failed post and retry it in Buffer Publishing.
Facebook is requiring some extra permissions in order to publish to the Facebook/Instagram channel.
From Facebook: "Pages allow businesses, causes and communities to connect with their audiences around the world. We want these connections to be genuine and authentic, especially on Pages with large audiences. If you manage a Page with a large audience you may be asked to confirm your identity and secure your account through a new Page Publishing Authorization process.
People who are required to complete this authorization process must do so by the deadline provided in their notification in order to continue publishing posts as their Page."
- First, log into the Facebook profile that has full admin permissions of the Facebook page that's linked to the Instagram account in question.
- Next, head directly to this link: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/one-sheeters/page-publishing-authorization and follow the steps that Facebook should provide.
- Once that's complete, refresh your Facebook and Instagram channels within Buffer before retrying the failed Facebook and Instagram posts by clicking on Retry Now or Re-add to Queue.
⚠️If you've tried these steps and you're still seeing the error, please be sure that:
- You're logged in as a Facebook profile that's an Admin for the Facebook Page.
- Ensure two-factor is enabled for all Admins within Business Manager.
- Refresh the channel in Buffer.