Scheduling your posts is now more seamless than ever with our improved calendar feature. Thanks to your feedback, we've evolved our calendar to include more features such as filtering posts, changing your calendar views, and creating new posts!
📝 This article is designed to help users with the Buffer web app. All instructions and screenshots are taken from the web app. You can find the mobile version of this article here.
💡Your Questions Answered
- Why can’t I see a larger version of my post when I click on it in the calendar?
When hovering or clicking on the posts in your calendar view, you currently won’t be able to view a preview. We’re working on adding this functionality.
- Can I slide my posts to different time slots in my calendar?
While not ready yet, we’re currently looking into adding a drag-and-drop functionality so that you can quickly slide your posts to another day or hour in your calendar.
- Why can’t I click on the calendar itself to create a post?
If you used the previous version of our calendar, you might be used to clicking on a time slot right within the calendar to create your post. This isn’t yet available in the new calendar, although, you are able to click the Create Post button at the top right of your calendar to start composing.
This article contains the following sections:
- Navigating to the calendar and choosing your view
- Filtering social channels
- Creating and editing posts in the calendar
Navigating to the calendar and choosing your view
You can navigate to your calendar by clicking Calendar in the upper left-hand menu from your dashboard.
From there, you can select your desired view by toggling between Week and Month.
Filtering your social channels
📝 When navigating to the calendar, all channels will be selected by default. You can deselect all channels simultaneously by clicking All Channels in the drop-down menu to remove the checkmark. Or if you'd prefer, you can deselect social accounts one by one.
Creating, editing and deleting posts in the calendar
Instead of navigating back to your queue, you can create, edit and delete posts right from the calendar view.
To get started, click the blue Create Post button located in the upper right-hand corner of the taskbar.
To update the text or media file of a post, click on the post in the calendar and select the Edit option. This will open up the composer window. Make the necessary changes and then hit Save
If you only need to reschedule a post rather than update it, you can easily move the post over to the new date and time using the drag-and-drop option.
- You need to have Full Posting Access to channels to be able to create posts from the calendar view.
- When creating a post from the calendar’s Create Post button, you might notice that any of the social channels that are currently filtered to show in the calendar are preselected in the composer, as well. Make sure to deselect any social channels you don’t want that post to publish to.
- A quick note on timezones: The calendar will autodetect your current timezone, which displays in the top taskbar for reference. If your social channel is set to a different timezone than your computer is set to, the post will be reflected in your current timezone, but it will still publish at the correct time. For instance, if my post is scheduled to publish at 5pm on my London account, but I'm in EST, I'll see that post in my calendar is set to publish at 12pm EST (which is 5pm BST, London time). There isn't a way to see the timezone each social channel is set to from the calendar itself.