The Instagram Stories Scheduling feature is only available on Premium and Business plans. That being said, it is possible to post to your Instagram story under certain circumstances if you're subscribed to the Free or Pro plan.
Due to limitations with Instagram's API, we are only able to publish automatically to Instagram feeds, not to Instagram stories. However, if your post is scheduled as a reminder, you will then have the option to choose whether to publish to your feed or your story once the notification has come through to your phone and you have opened the Instagram app.
The complication is that posts will only be scheduled as reminders under certain conditions, meaning it's not possible for you to choose to schedule your post as a reminder. Posts will be scheduled as a reminder under the following conditions:
- Your post is being published to an Instagram Personal Profile (as opposed to a Business Account)
- *Your post includes multiple images
- Your post includes an image that is outside of Instagram's accepted aspect ratio range
- You have disabled Direct Scheduling for Instagram, therefore forcing all posts to be scheduled as reminders
* Although posts with multiple images will be scheduled as reminders, you would not then have the option to publish to your story. Multiple images can only be published to your feed.
In the cases listed above, excluding if your post includes multiple images, you will be able to choose whether to publish to your feed or your story once the notification has come through to your phone and you have opened the Instagram app. Learn more about posting to your story once the notification comes through here.
If scheduling Instagram stories is important for you, we'd recommend upgrading to the Premium or Business plan to take advantage of the Instagram Stories Scheduling feature.