Every now and then, due to business changes or other conditions, we need to rethink which tools we use. Buffer’s flexible pricing allows you to add or remove social channels (and therefore, cost), whenever you need. However, if that’s not an option, we’d love to do our best to make the transition out of your Buffer subscription as smooth as it can be.
This article contains the following sections:
- How to cancel your Buffer subscription
- Important details to note about refunds
- How to request a refund
- What to expect if provided a refund
How to cancel your Buffer subscription
You're free to cancel your subscription at any point in your journey. You can do so by following our instructions in the article, "How to cancel your Buffer subscription or delete your account". In addition to canceling, you might also be curious about our policy for issuing refunds. Before requesting a refund, please read this article fully.
Important details to note about refunds
While our terms state that all fees are non-refundable, we are able to offer a refund for payments made within the last 60 days if your account had no activity during that time.
The bullet points below share a few instances for which we don’t provide refunds. This is not an all-inclusive list.
- Charges past 60 days. We realize that sometimes charges can go unnoticed but we hold our customers responsible for their financial commitments.
- Charges made during a period in which you or one of the users on your Buffer organization logged into your Buffer account at least once.
- Technical issues or outages that affected your account.
- Charges made to an expired card (it is your bank's decision whether or not to charge an expired card -- Buffer and our credit card processor aren't part of that decision).
📝 A refund does not necessarily result in subscription cancellation. If you'd like to cancel your subscription to ensure that you no longer incur charges, please follow the instructions in this article: "How to cancel your Buffer subscription or delete your account".
How to request a refund
If your circumstance falls outside of the above bullet points, you can send a request through this form using the email address connected to your Buffer account. In your request, it’s important to provide a few pieces of information.
- The reason you are requesting the refund.
- The last 4 digits of the credit card you have on file with Buffer.
- The expiration date of the credit card you have on file with Buffer.
These components will be the security checks we need to look into your account, and a refund can’t be provided without them.
📝 The submission of this information does not guarantee a refund. It's important that you have access to the email inbox for the email address connected to your Buffer account, as our support team might come back requesting more information.
What to expect if provided a refund
If you're canceling a monthly subscription and the refund is approved, you will receive a refund for a maximum of two monthly payments depending on your circumstances, as listed above. If you're canceling an annual subscription midway through the billing period, any refunds provided will be prorated with the time used charged at the normal monthly rate.
Refunds are not guaranteed, per our legal terms, and any refunds will always be returned to the original card used to make the payment--we are unable to send refunds to any other payment method. The processing usually takes between 5-10 business days for the refund to show on your statement. If the refund is made before the charge is authorized by your bank, it will be sent back as a reversal instead. This means the charge will drop off your bank statement or the original charge will be adjusted to reflect the refund.