There are two errors we see more commonly for Instagram posts that have failed to send, which are described in this guide.
Error messages and solutions
|The error message you see||The technical error message from Instagram that we see||Solution|
|"It looks like Buffer has lost the authorization to post to this social account. Please reauthorize and try again. If the issue persists, please get in touch!"||"Failed to create image media container -> Graph API exception: (#10) Application does not have permission for this action."||Check the Buffer app settings in Facebook Business Integrations, and ensure all Facebook Pages and Instagram accounts are selected. Please jump here for detailed steps.|
|"Oh, no! We ran into a known Instagram bug while sending this through. Would you mind trying the troubleshooting steps here?"||"Failed to publish media container → Graph API exception: The requested resource does not exist"||Switch your Instagram account back to a Personal Profile and then reconvert it to a Business Account. Please jump here for detailed steps.|
Checking the Buffer app settings in Facebook Business Integrations
One way to resolve this issue would be to reauthorize your Instagram account by removing the Buffer app from Business Integrations in Facebook, in order for you to then re-establish the authorization between Buffer and Facebook. However, if you have multiple Instagram accounts connected, in the process of reauthorizing one, all others will become disconnected.
An alternative way to resolve this issue would be to check the Buffer app settings within Facebook Business Integrations, and ensuring that all Facebook Pages and Instagram accounts are selected (as opposed to removing the app). Please follow the steps below:
- Head over to Facebook and navigate to Settings and then Business integrations (or click this link).
- You should see Buffer listed in the integrations area. Click View and edit.
- Here, you'll be looking to ensure that all Facebook Pages and Instagram accounts are selected.
- If no Facebook Pages or Instagram accounts appear, that is an indication that they are all selected and you don't need to do anything here.
- If a list appears, that is an indication that not all Facebook Pages and/or Instagram accounts are selected and in this case, you would need to select those that aren't and then click Save.
- Once these settings have been saved, head back over to Publish and reconnect the Instagram account that was impacted.
Switching your Instagram account back to a Personal Profile and then reconverting it to a Business Account
The workaround to resolve this issue is to switch your Instagram account back to a Personal Profile and then reconvert it to a Business Account. Follow the steps in this guide to reconvert your Instagram account to a Business Account. Then, head back over to Publish and try reconnecting the Instagram account that was impacted, following these steps. We're so sorry for this inconvenience.