Spacing out your Tweets is a great way to avoid flooding your Twitter feed. Adding Retweets to your queue within Buffer ensures you're still providing great content to your followers, but within your preset schedule, thus avoiding overwhelming them.
This article contains the following sections:
Schedule Retweet on a web browser
To schedule Retweets on a web browser, you will need to have the Buffer browser extension installed.
Find a Tweet you'd like to Retweet and click the Buffer icon.
The composer will open on the page, allowing you to add a comment (optional) and then add the post to your queue. Guidance on scheduling options can be found here.
- Another quick option to schedule a Retweet on the web browser is to copy and paste the original tweet's URL directly into the Buffer composer (as long as the link is unshortened). If needed, add any commentary ahead of the copied/pasted URL and it will show as a quoted Retweet.
If you have the Buffer Browser Extension installed and do not see the Buffer icon on Tweets when you are on Twitter, please try the following:
- Remove the Buffer browser extension from your browser and reinstall it from https://www.buffer.com/extensions/.
- Check your other browser extensions and VPN, and safelist Buffer where possible. Learn more about Opening Buffer in an incognito or private window, how to safelist Buffer, and using a VPN here.
- Contact our support team.
Schedule Retweet on the mobile app
To schedule Retweets on the mobile app, you will need to have the Buffer mobile app installed.
Open the Twitter app and find a post you'd like to Retweet. Tap the share icon at the bottom of the Tweet and then tap Share via.
Tap the Buffer icon.
- The Buffer app will open, with the Retweet already loaded into the composer. Feel free to add a comment to the Retweet if you'd like to.
- Make sure you have your Twitter account selected to share the post to, by tapping the + icon at the top of the composer and then tapping your Twitter account. You'll then need to tap Done or the back arrow at the top of your screen.
- Once you're happy with your Retweet, tap Share. Guidance on scheduling options can be found here.