Sometimes, you will want to change your password, or you might need to reset a forgotten password.
This article contains the following sections:
🎥 Keen to learn more about managing your Buffer account settings? View our tutorial videos here!
Changing your email address
- Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your dashboard and then click Account.
- Next to Email Address, enter the new email address that you'd like to use for your account.
- Click Save Changes.
At this point, a verification email (⚠️ action necessary) will be sent to this new email address and a notification email will be sent to your former email address.
- Open the email sent from email@example.com and click the button to verify this new email address. Please note that if this step is not completed, your email address will not change.
Changing your password
Follow the steps below to change your email address or password.
Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your dashboard and then click Account.
On the screen that appears, enter your new password in the Password area.
- Click on Change Password to save your changes.
📝 If you're changing the email address on your account in order to transfer ownership to somebody else, let the new account owner know that they can reset the password by heading over to https://buffer.com/oops. Once this has been done, you will no longer have access to the Buffer account.
Reset a forgotten password
If you have forgotten your password and are unable to login, please follow these steps:
Head over to https://buffer.com/oops and enter your email address.
Check your email for a link to reset your password!
If you haven't received the email from us containing the link to reset your password, please be sure to:
- Check your spam folder
- Check if there is another email address that you might have created your account under. Perhaps you’re entering a company email address but you signed up under your personal email address?
If you still aren't receiving the reset email, please contact us to get things sorted out. In your message to us, please include the following information to help speed up your request:
- If you are on a paid plan, please include the last 4 digits of the credit card we have on file, as well as the expiration date
- If you are on a Free plan, please include the names and/or links to the social channels you have connected to your Buffer account