Instagram Stories are a fast and fun way to engage with your audience and build your brand by sharing images and videos that disappear after 24 hours. You can use them to share an image of your new product, a behind the scenes video, or quick clips of frequently asked questions. They're a great way to experiment with different types of content to see what resonates with your followers.
With Buffer, you can save time by scheduling your stories ahead of time in our web and mobile apps. When it's time to post, we'll publish your story automatically for you, no reminders required!
- Due to limitations with Instagram's API, it is not possible to schedule stories for automatic posting if you have an Instagram creator account. To schedule a story as a reminder using a creator account, you can disable direct scheduling for all of your posts. We hope to have a better workaround soon!
- Also due to API limitations, we’re not able to add links, stickers, polls, questions, or music to stories. As a workaround, schedule your story using Instagram reminders, open the Instagram app to publish your story, and you'll have the option to add those items.
Scheduling Instagram Stories
To get started, select your Instagram account on the left hand side of your dashboard.
Open the composer at the top of your queue.
- Select Story.
Upload the image or video you'd like to include in your post and you're ready to schedule! Need help creating an image for your Instagram story? Give our Instagram Stories Creator a try!
📝 Good to Knows
Due to API limitations, we’re unable to add links, stickers, polls, questions, or music to stories at this time.
- Buffer can automatically publish stories containing a single image or video. The suggested aspect ratio for Instagram Stories is 9:16.
- If the image is wider than 19:9, the image will have black bars above and below.
- If the image is taller than 16:9, the image will have black bars at the sides.
- Video: The frame rate must be between 23 fps and 60 fps.