Zapier integration with Buffer
- What actions and triggers are possible through the Buffer-Zapier integration?
- How to connect Buffer and Zapier and create Zaps
- Automating RSS feeds using Feedly and Zapier
What actions and triggers are possible through the Buffer-Zapier integration?
- New Sent Item: Initiate a Zap when a new update is sent for a specific channel.
- New Draft: Trigger a Zap when a draft is added to a specific channel.
- New Contribution: Activate a Zap when a new contribution is added for approval for a specific channel.
- Idea Created: Trigger a Zap when a new idea is added for a selected organization.
- Add an Idea to a Specific Organization: Add ideas to a specific organization directly.
- Image Uploads: Upload images (including multiple images) to your Buffer account.
- Support for Pinterest: Manage Pinterest posts with options like selecting a Subprofile, setting a title, and specifying a destination URL.
- Support for TikTok: With video uploads supported, you can manage TikTok posts.
- Support for GBP What's New Button Type and Link: For What's New Post Type, allowing for added complexity.
- Instagram Enhancements: Added Shop Grid Link Field, Reels Support, First Comment Support, and the ability to select a campaign if available.
- More Post Management Options: Save to drafts, choose from various scheduling methods, and pause the queue.
- Support for Video Uploads: Upload videos to your Buffer account.
- Support for Multiple Image Uploads: Upload multiple images in a single post.
- Adding Alt Text (Image Descriptions): Enhance accessibility by providing alt text for images.
- Link and Cloud Storage Support: Import images and videos from links or cloud storage solutions.
- Pause Queue Action: Control whether to pause or unpause your posting queue.
- Create Idea Action: Quickly create new ideas.
- Add to Buffer Action: Combines the functionality of the old "Add to Schedule" and "Add to Buffer" actions.
How to connect Buffer and Zapier and create Zaps
- Sign Up for Zapier: If not already a user, sign up for a Zapier account at https://zapier.com/apps/buffer/integrations.
- Connect Buffer: In Zapier, create a new Zap and select Buffer as the trigger or action app, depending on your desired workflow.
- Configure Your Zaps: Set up your automated workflows by selecting the specific triggers and actions you want to use, customizing the settings to fit your needs.
- Test and Activate: Test your Zaps to ensure they work as expected, and then activate them to begin automating your social media management tasks.
Automating RSS feeds using Feedly and Zapier
You will need to be subscribed to Feedly's Pro plan in order to use their Share to Buffer feature.
If you have been invited to Buffer as a team member, you can select between your own organization and your team's when creating zaps, allowing you to access the proper tags for the organization you're posting to.
Connecting Feedly to Zapier
- Log into your Feedly account and click the + icon in the left hand side bar.
- Search for the RSS feed you'd like to add. Click Follow and then choose an existing Feed to save it to, or create a new one by clicking NEW FEED
- You'll now be able to access articles from that RSS feed in your Feeds area. If you want to share an article to your queue manually, you can do so by clicking the Buffer icon at the top of the article. This will open the composer where you can customize the post and add it to your queue.
- If you'd like to automate sending these articles to your queue, feel free to continue with the steps below. Alternatively, you might also prefer to stop here so you can pick and choose which articles to share from Feedly manually!
- You can now create a Zap in Zapier to automatically pull articles from your Feed in Feedly and add them to your queue in Buffer. Zapier offer thousands of templates to get you started. The subsequent steps walk through creating this Zap from scratch, but feel free to start with this template if you'd like to. Log into your Zapier account and click MAKE A ZAP in the left hand side bar.
- Give your Zap a title, for example "Sending Feedly articles to my Queue".
- In the "Choose App & Event" section, find and select Feedly.
- Under "Choose Trigger Event", select "New Article in Feed" and click Continue.
- Next you'll need to connect your Feedly account and then click Continue.
- Choose the Feed you'd like to pull articles from and then click Continue.
- In the "Choose App & Event" section, find and select Buffer.
- Under "Choose Action", select "Add to Buffer" and then click Continue.
- Next you'll need to connect your Buffer account and then click Continue.
- Now you're able to choose the social channel you'd like to add posts to, as well as customize the posts themselves.
- Organization: Select the organization you're using.
- If you have been invited to Buffer as a user of an organization, you can select between your own organization and your team's. You'll need to select an organization so that we can display the correct tags for your organization.
- Channel: Select the social channel you'd like to add posts to.
- Text: Choose which elements from the article in Feedly you'd like to include in your post text. For example, you might choose article title and article URL.
- Photo URL: Choose which element from the article in Feedly you'd like to use as the image URL. For example, you might choose article thumbnail image URL.
- Top: Select Yes if you'd like the post to be added to the top of your queue, rather than the bottom.
- Now: Select Yes if you'd like the post to be published immediately, essentially skipping your queue completely.
- Once you've completed the customizations, click Continue.
- Then, click Test & Continue.
- Finally, click Done Editing and then click TURN ZAP ON. Anytime a new article is added to the Feed in Feedly that you selected, Zapier will grab it and add it as a post to your queue!
📝 You will need to create multiple versions of this Zap if you'd like posts to be sent to multiple channels.