Collaborating on content with Notes
Collaborating on content is important when working with your team across your social platforms and drafting updates. Notes is a feature in Buffer that gives you instant, easy access to collaborate on updates or leave vital information on your posts to reference throughout your workflow.
Notes are currently available on the web version of Buffer and are not yet supported in the Buffer mobile app.
This article contains the following sections:
How to use Notes
There are a number of ways you can use Notes in Buffer. Let’s take a quick look at how to use them:
- Adding context to a post for future reference: You might want to remind yourself to update a link or add an image to the post before you publish it.
- Giving and getting feedback on a post: Notes are a great way to discuss content with your team. Add a note to a post to start a discussion and your team members will be notified via email if collaboration emails are turned on.
- Responding to messages requiring approval: If you already have a draft in the Approvals tab, starting a conversation about updates that require approval is a great way use Notes.
- Sharing notes on rejected messages: If you’ve rejected a post that was awaiting approval, you can use Notes to share more context.
Creating a Note
You can add a Note to scheduled posts, drafts, and sent posts in Buffer. To add a Note:
- Click the Notes icon in the top right-hand corner of a post.
- The Notes composer will open where you can add a Note.
- Once you're happy with your note, click Add to save it.
Editing and deleting notes
- Locate the post that contains the note you want to change.
- Click the Notes icon in the top right-hand corner of the post and locate the note you’d like to update.
- Hover over the Note and click Edit or Delete.
You can enable email notifications for when a Note is added by you or any team members by heading to the Notifications tab and enabling Collaboration email updates.
Can I @ mention my Buffer team members within a Note?
Currently, it isn’t possible to @ mention your Buffer team members though this is something we’re considering adding soon!
Will I be able to see who created a Note?
Yes. The Note shows the email address of the person who created the note.
Who can see the Notes?
Once a note is saved, it is visible to anyone in the organization who has been given access to that channel.