Creating images to share on social media using Pablo
Did you know the brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than it does text? In fact, 90% of the information transmitted to our brain is visual, which is why we're so good at consuming visual content quickly, because we continually train our brain to do so. And so it would follow that social posts containing images tend to have more engagement than posts without them.
Creating compelling visuals for your social media could give your engagement a boost. And while most of us are probably not gifted designers, that shouldn't stop us from creating great images to share! At Buffer, we created Pablo in order to provide everyone with a tool to create beautiful images they can share on social media. And best of all, the tool is completely free — whether you've got a Buffer account or not!
Creating images using Pablo
- Head over to Pablo.
- On the left hand side, you’ll find a variety of images for you to use. If you don’t find what you’re looking for within the options offered, you can either search for one from 600k images available within Pablo, or simply upload your own. You’ll notice the middle section features a preview of the image you’ll be working with.
- Once you’ve found the perfect image, you’ll be able to reposition it to your liking. Simply click on the Reposition link at the top, move and/or zoom in as needed, and then click Done.
- On the right hand side, you’ll find a few other options for modifying your image. First, you can pick the size of your image, from three popular social formats including Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook or X/Twitter.
- Next, you can alter your image using a variety of filters. The default is Light Contrast.
- Now it's time to add text to your image. Select or deselect Header, Body, and Caption on the right hand side of the page. Position the text boxes wherever you'd like on the image. You can change the font of the text, as well as its size, color and alignment. Simply click on the text and a toolbar with all the options will appear.
- If you’re lacking inspiration for the day, Pablo has a variety of quotes for you to pick from. Simply click on the arrows next to Add Quotes to scroll though a few and pick the one that inspires you.
- The last option you’ll see on the right hand side is the option to add a logo or graphic to your image. Click on the Insert Logo or Graphic link and choose a file from your computer. Once added, you’re able to position the logo wherever you’d like, as well as change the size and radius of it.
- Now that you are done with your image, it's time to share it! Click on the Share & Download button at the bottom of the page. You’ll have the option to send the image straight to X/Twitter, share it to Facebook, pin it to Pinterest or add it to your Buffer queue, as well as download the image to use however you’d like.