“Unavailable” channels are likely connected to another Buffer organization
If a channel is listed as “Unavailable” this means it is likely already connected to another Buffer organization. Each social channel can only be connected to one Buffer organization at a time.
Options to get this resolved
To connect the channel to your Buffer account, you will first need to remove it from the other Buffer account.
Solution #1: You might know the person who connected the channel to Buffer
If you think back and remember that you or someone else you know has access to the Buffer account that your social channel is connected to, remove the channel (or ask the other person to remove it) from that Buffer account by following the steps: Removing a channel from Buffer. From there, it's ready to connect to any other Buffer account.
It could help to think back to:
- Past social media managers you've worked with,
- Current or former team members at your company, and
- Old Buffer accounts you've personally used.
⚠️ When removing a social channel from Buffer, all queued posts and analytics for that social channel will also be deleted.
Solution #2: You don't know the person who connected the channel to Buffer
If you can't think of who might have ownership of your social channel in Buffer, you're welcome to reach out to our Customer Advocates at email@example.com, and we'll be happy to lend a hand. Please provide the following details so we can track down the channel as quickly as possible for you:
- A screenshot (like the one above) of the social channel that is marked as "Unavailable" to show your ownership. Here's how to take screenshots and screen recordings.
- The URL to the social channel (e.g. https://www.facebook.com/bufferapp/).