Why isn't my ad data displayed on boosted posts?
The permissions that Buffer needs in order to pull in boosted posts data will be granted during the process of connecting a Facebook page or Instagram business account.
However, if your Facebook page or Instagram account was connected before boosted posts data was available in Buffer analytics (August 2020), you will need to refresh your Facebook and Instagram connections. You can do this by following the steps below.
📝 Ads created through Facebook Ads Manager and boosted X/Twitter ads are not included at the moment. If this is something you'd like to see us support, let us know by submitting a feature suggestion.
- Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your dashboard and then click Account from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Channels option from the menu on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click the three-dot menu icon to the right of the channel you'd like to refresh.
- Click Refresh Connection.
- When you connect a new channel, we will backfill the last 90 days of boosted posts and you should see that data within a few minutes. After that, the data will be updated approximately every six hours.
- We always exclude the current day's data to avoid showing partial data for the current day. We suggest checking back the next day for the previous day's data.
Still running into trouble after refreshing your connection?
If your ad data still is not displaying on boosted posts after refreshing your connection, there may be another underlying issue that's preventing Buffer from pulling your boosted post metrics properly. Once you've verified that all permissions have been accepted for ads (which can be done by checking your settings on the respective social account), some good next steps would be to check the following:
- Was the post boosted using the same Facebook Profile that authorized Buffer access for the ad data?
- Additionally, are you boosting these posts from Facebook Business Manager or Ads Manager?
📝 At this time, ads created through Facebook Ads Manager are unfortunately not included in ad data.