Troubleshooting mobile authentication
When you’re seeing trouble accessing the Buffer mobile app, it could be due to a few things:
- Incorrect login details,
- Faulty internet connection,
- VPN interference, or
- Ad blocker interference.
Let’s go through some steps to rectify each of these four things:
- Double-check the email address and password that you've entered. These are case-sensitive and will cause an error if entered incorrectly.
- If you’re using wifi, switch the connection off and use your cell data during the login process. If this doesn’t work, it could be that the wifi and cell service in the area you’re in isn’t currently strong enough to log in.
- If you're connected to the Internet via a VPN, try disabling the VPN or safe listing Buffer. Apps like NordVPN, ExpressVPN, etc., let you browse the internet securely and privately, but they can sometimes connect to servers located far away from you, which can have an impact on your internet speed.
- Try temporarily disabling all of your ad blockers. Ad-blocking apps like AdBlockPlus, AdAway, etc, remove ads and popups from a webpage to give you a better experience. However, they sometimes mistake Buffer URLs for ads and block your devices from being able to talk to us. If you’d prefer to safelist Buffer in these apps instead, we share tips in our article: Opening Buffer in an incognito or private window, how to safelist Buffer, and using a VPN
❓ Can our Customer Advocacy team answer any questions for you? Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.