Currently, it is possible to add alt text to images scheduled to Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Facebook through Buffer.
📝 This article is designed to help users with the Buffer mobile app. All instructions and screenshots are taken from the iOS app, and any steps that are different on Android are noted. You can find the desktop version of this article here.
- Tap the blue + icon at the bottom middle of your screen. This will open up the composer. On Android, you'll need to tap the blue pencil icon at the bottom right of your screen to open the composer.
- The social channel you were viewing before opening the composer will already be selected. If you'd like to share to multiple channels, tap the + icon and then tap any channels you'd like to include. You'll then need to tap Done at the top right of your screen. On Android, you'll need to tap the back arrow at the top right of your screen after choosing the channels you'd like to share to.
- Once you have your channels selected, tap to add a photo.
- Once your photo has been uploaded, you can tap Add Description to add your alt text.
- When you're finished adding your alt text, you can tap Done to save the changes and then finish scheduling your post.
It is not possible to add alt text for Instagram or TikTok posts in Buffer at this time. We are committed to improving in the area of accessibility, and you can find our full Accessibility Statement here.