Buffer is a social media management software made for small businesses providing them with the tools they need to schedule posts, analyze the results, and engage with their customers.
Buffer allows you to schedule and publish content, engage with comments, measure your social media performance, create custom reports, and collaborate with your team.
Features include customizable posting schedules, a composer that allows you to craft a different message for each social network, an engagement tool for Instagram comments, a browser extension to quickly share content from anywhere on the web, a drafts and approval process, insights into posting behavior (e.g. which day is most effective to post, what kind of content is getting you the highest levels of engagement), a complete post breakdown with sorting, Instagram stories analysis tools, boosted post metrics, and the ability to create custom reports with PDF export.
🎥 Keen to see Buffer in action? View our tutorial videos here!
Our Help Center offers detailed how-to guides, along with helpful tips and best practices. Follow the guides below to get the most of Buffer.
- Connect your social channels
- Set up your posting schedules
- Invite your users and set up permissions
- Start scheduling your posts
- Install the browser extension
- Create and manage campaigns
- Engage with your Instagram comments
- Understand how your Instagram stories are performing
- Answer questions about your social media strategy
- Create custom reports to share with your team
Looking for more Buffer tools to help create your content?
- Remix: Our free app that allows you to transform any link, tweet, or product into beautiful Instagram content.
- Instagram Stories Creator: Our tool for creating sets of compelling slides for your Instagram stories. Feel free to read more on it here.
- Pablo: Our free tool for creating beautiful images you can share across your social media channels. Feel free to read more on it here.
Need advice and tips for your social media strategy?
- Buffer Blog: Here you can find tons of great content from our Marketing team, including case studies, experiments we've done, and even tips and tricks for each social network.
- Buffer Podcasts: Listen to our latest podcasts offering all the latest stories, news, insights, experimentation and learnings about social media.
- Instagram Live: Watch our Instagram Live events and IGTV recordings to stay up to date with our latest news, important social media strategy topics and to hear from exciting guest speakers.